Friday, April 2, 2010

17 years ago, our lives forever changed


First off, Happy Birthday Goonie.

Our beautiful, perfect Ady2ude turned 17 today.

Where does the time go?


I am not sure if most people know, but I was only 17 years old when Adison was born. It was a scary, uncertain time in life. What 17 year old is honestly ready to take on the challenges of raising a child? I can tell you without a doubt, having her was the best thing that ever happened to me. She was not planned, and it is not something I ever hope she goes through herself, but she taught me that life is so worth living, and if you give yourself to someone heart and soul, they will always be with you. There is nothing I would not do for her, then or now. I grew up when I had her, in fact, we grew up together, and she truly was a gift I still do not believe I deserve.


She has grown up so much in the past year, it is unbelievable. I am facing the fact that our time together with her as a child is getting smaller and smaller. She is driving her own car, has a job, looking at college, and is an amazing daughter and sister. I keep looking at it like an hourglass, the sand drops slowly, but when it nears the end, it speeds up and you begin questioning life in the terms if you did enough with the time we had together. I know she will ALWAYS be in our lives, but as a child, it is starting to come to an end. The only thing making the sting a little easier, is the fact that she is so AMAZING, and I know she has so many things to offer this world.
Happy Birthday Goonie Girl,
we could not be more proud to call you our daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment